- Back to School date: Monday, August 17, 2020
- School day arrival and dismissal times: 7:15 am - 3:14 pm
From: Jones County School System
Date: 8/12/2020 10:10 a.m.
- Required for students in grade levels: K-12
- Not required for Pre-K students
- We understand the uniqueness and conditions of grades K-2nd. Teachers will educate students in the importance and proper use of masks. This is educational, not disciplinary.
- Students not properly wearing face masks shall be educated in the importance and proper use of masks. Re-educate the child. No punitive action should be taken.
Students who cannot wear face masks
- Due to medical issue: Parents should contact the school nurse
- Due to PEC-related disability: Parents should contact Lauren Sheffield
- Required for all staff members.
Types of masks allowed
- Follow the dress code requirements listed in the student handbook.
- Face masks will be provided to students who need them (on buses and at school)
- Generally, face masks will not be required on the playground, and students will be educated about social distancing in outdoor areas.
- Face masks are required at all indoor athletic events and inside dugouts (per GHSA requirements)
"Note: Information is current as of the date heading under which it is listed. Information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic is continually developing. Information posted on this site is updated as soon as it is made available, but may not be consistent with content posted on earlier dates."
Please visit the Jones County School System Back to School Information page for district-wide communications.