Jones County Virtual Academy
Jones County Virtual Academy
Jones County Virtual Academy is a program of Jones County Schools. The Jones County Virtual Academy includes students in first through twelfth grades. Jones County Virtual Academy offers rigorous, state-accredited, courses for students who need an independent online alternative to the brick and mortar classroom. The Jones County Board of Education maintains that face-to-face instruction remains irreplaceable; however, students today need choices and flexibility. Jones County Schools is proud to provide Jones County Virtual Academy as an option. See our handbook for more information: JCVA Handbook- Updated 11-19--21
JCVA Elementary School Weekly Schedule - 1st Semester
JCVA Middle School Weekly Schedule - 1st Semester
JCVA High School Teacher Weekly Team Meetings - 1st Semester
Current JCSS students who are in good academic standing and are interested in transferring to JCVA:
2021 First Semester Registration: April 11, 2021 - Thursday, July 12, 2021
2022 Second Semester Registration: Monday, November 1, 2021 - Monday, December 6, 2021
2022 First Semester Registration: Monday, February 28, 2022 – Monday, July 1, 2022
2023 Second Semester Registration: Monday, October 31, 2022 - Friday, December 2, 2022
Dates are subject to change - parents will be notified of registration dates through our One Call system. Please keep your email and phone contacts updated.
Failure to attend one of the registration meetings and submit registration documents by the due date will void the student’s application.
There are a limited number of seats in some grade levels. Applications are reviewed on a first-come first-served basis according to the time stamp of the application submission. Registration qualifies a student, but does not guarantee a seat in the Jones County Virtual Academy program. Available seats will be filled based upon meeting program requirements, completion of the registration process and the order in which applications were received.
Jones County Virtual Academy Update - August 3, 2021
- For elementary school JCVA students, the school system is using Accelerate Education and instructional support from JCSS teachers.
- Students are enrolled in self-paced, on grade-level, online classes through an online learning management system called Accelerate Education.
- Students in grades 1-5 need significant assistance from a parent/adult in the home (approximately 2-3 hours each day of adult assistance). This adult will become the student’s Learning Coach.
- Learning Coaches should watch this brief video about the role of the Learning Coach and the Accelerate Education model of delivering instruction. The Learning Coach website can be accessed here. Learning Coaches should access the Learning Coach website and review the Getting Started resources to prepare for the upcoming school year.
- While a JCSS teacher will provide support to 1st - 5th grade students whose parents choose the JCVA option, the teacher assigned may not be the teacher that the student would have if enrolled in in-person instruction or a teacher assigned to your child’s school.
- For middle and high school JCVA students, the school system is currently using Edgenuity and instructional support from JCSS teachers.
- Students are enrolled in self-paced, on grade-level, online classes through an online learning management system called Edgenuity.
- Students in grades 6-12 will need assistance from a parent/adult in the home (approximately 2-3 hours each day of adult assistance). This adult will become the student’s Learning Coach.
- 6-12 Learning Coaches should watch this brief video about the Student Experience and the Edgenuity model of delivering instruction. The Edgenuity Help for Families website can be accessed here. Visit this site for information on understanding your role as a Learning Coach and for tips to help your child to be successful!
- While a JCSS teacher provide support to students whose parents choose the JCVA option, the teacher assigned may not be the teacher that the student would have if enrolled in in-person instruction or a teacher assigned to your child’s school.
Jones County Virtual Academy (JCVA) Registration Application Second Semester
Application for 2021-2022 School Year - Second Semester
All of the following must be completed for a student to be officially enrolled in JCVA:
Student must be enrolled in the JCSS
Complete registration application (parent/guardian)
Attend a scheduled registration meeting (parent/guardian) - Email will be sent with day/time
Sign contract (parent/guardian)
Attend a scheduled orientation session (student) - Email will be sent with day/time
Success as a virtual student requires daily engagement with coursework by maintaining structured pacing where assignments and assessments are completed each day. Parent/learning coach supervision of daily student progress is required. Regular communication with JCVA staff through email and/or phone calls, daily attendance in the online curriculum, and online classroom sessions as scheduled are all requirements. All expectations will be provided in the registration meeting and the Jones County Virtual Academy (JCVA) Parent-Student Handbook. After completing the application, you will be contacted to attend a registration meeting to determine if you want to move forward with enrollment.
After submitting this application, you will receive information to attend a required registration meeting. After the meeting, you will be sent a Contract for Enrollment to complete if you decide to enroll your student in JCVA for the second semester of the 2021-2022 school year. Note: You will receive an email confirmation within 3 school days of submitting this registration. If you do not receive one, resubmit the application. Deadline for registration is December 6, 2021.
Registration link: https://forms.office.com/r/eXwRJGT5AG
Follow us on Facebook