A Message from Mr. T. (August 1, 2020)
Hello Again Tiger Nation,
We are progressing into new territory but I’m confident that our TWES and JCSS community will rise to the occasion to provide the best instruction and education possible while striving to maintain the safest and most responsible learning environment for our students. Welcome Dr. Stacy Carr, our new Assistant Principal and to all of our staff new to us at “The Woods” !
Student and Staff health and safety is very important to us at TWES. With that in mind and in order to provide safer and more secure access to our building, some usual operational processes will change. Complete details about any changes will be contained in the TWES RETURN to SCHOOL PLAN, coming out around August 6.th Some highlights are shown below…
ARRIVAL / DISMISSAL:
• Students may arrive as early as 7:15. Students will be supervised under the most reasonable measures of social distancing and any other communicated safety guidelines.
• We will require parents to remain in their cars during the student arrival and dismissal/pickup process. TWES is piloting a new dismissal program/app, called School Dismissal Manager (SDM). It allows parents to use a free app to safely, securely authorize who can pick up your child and receive notifications of when your child was picked up. This will replace having to send written notes, emails or calls to change your child's mode of transportation. More coming soon!
• CUBCARE is scheduled to be open on the 1st day of in-person school. Online registration and payment of CubCare fees is now available online using MySchoolBucks.com (app used for paying for school Meals).
• Open House at TWES will be “VIRTUAL” ONLY in order to accommodate appropriate distancing and safety guidelines. By August 13th, we will have a website where you can locate your child’s teacher’s Virtual Open House Videos. Be looking for details in upcoming communication from the school. Information about drop off of supplies will also be sent out at same time.
GENERAL HEALTH and SAFETY INFORMATION:
• Only students and staff will be allowed in the building. Masks for Staff and students are NOT REQUIRED, but recommended.
• Parents / guardians may enter the building ONLY by Appointment or to check out their child. MASKS are REQUIRED for any visitors allowed to enter the building and for the duration of their appointment.
• School Field Trips will not be allowed until further notice. More information will be forthcoming regarding the Spring DC Trip.
• Visitors may not be present for meals. No outside food will be allowed, except for student-brought lunches from home.
• Water Fountains will be closed until further notice. NEW “Touchless” Water Bottle Refill stations are being installed to provide a safer alternative. We encourage you to send your student with their own water bottle.
We encourage you to connect with us: Facebook: twestigers | Instagram: @twestigers |Web: twes.jones.k12.ga.us
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any thoughts that you may have regarding the well-being of our school.
Looking forward to seeing all the new and familiar faces this year as we are building READERS, REASONERS and WRITERS !
I appreciate your patience, cooperation and support as we all navigate these current waters.