COVID – 19 FAQ -Information.
For further details or information, please see the Jones County School District’s Website or DPH link below
CLICK HERE to PRINT FAQ Flyer | CLICK HERE to View COVID Contact Dates Chart for September
- My child has tested positive for COVID, what do I do now?
- Call the school nurse and make the report. They will give you return to school guidance and your 10-day isolation dates.
- We are waiting for our results from a COVID test. Should I come to school now?
- No, DO NOT return to school until you know for certain your test is negative.
- If the test is positive, please call your school nurse.
- If my child tested positive but is now symptom free, can I have him retested and come back to school sooner?
- No, your child may not test out of the full 10-day isolation period.
- My child tested positive for COVID. Do I need to retest them before coming back to school?
- No, once your child has isolated for 10 days, fever free, and symptoms have improved, they can return to school on day 11 WITHOUT retesting.
- I received an email that my child was a close contact at school. What does that mean?
- Close contact means your child was within 6 ft for 15 min of an individual who tested positive for COVID.
- If your child is NOT EXPERIENCING ANY SYMPTOMS, they MAY CONTINUE TO COME TO SCHOOL, and you should monitor them closely for 14 days.
- If they begin EXPERIENCING ANY SYMPTOMS, you need to CALL THE SCHOOL NURSE. You will be given return to school guidance and attendance will be updated.
- Either way if you choose to quarantine your child you MUST notify the school.
- My child lives in the home with someone who tested positive for COVID. What do I do now?
- Call the school nurse. It is highly RECOMMENDED that you quarantine your exposed child from school.
- My child was quarantined at home due to close contact exposure. Now, they have tested positive. What do I do now?
- Call your school nurse. She will provide you with return to school guidance for the 10-day isolation period.
- What about my child's attendance?
- Your child will not be marked absent. They will need to contact their teacher and assure that they are completing the required assignments each day.
- What if I don't have internet or a computer?
- Chrome books can be checked out from the school. Call the front office and they can direct you. Hotspots for the internet are located throughout the county and are listed on the website.